- Program Years: 2013-2017
- Academic Institution: University of Chicago
- Field of Study: Earth Sciences
- Academic Advisor: Dorian Abbot
Argonne National Laboratory (2014)
B.A. Mathematics, and B.A. Physics, Bowdoin College, 2011
Ph.D Geophysical Sciences, University of Chicago, 2018
- Research Area: Earth Sciences
1) D.A. Plotkin, J. Weare, D.S. abbot. (2014) Distinguishing meanders of the Kuroshio using machine learning. J. Geophys. Res. Oceans. In press.
2) M. O. Battle, J. P. Severinghaus, E. D. Sofen, D. Plotkin, A. J. Orsi, M. Aydin, S. A. Montzka, T. Sowers, P. P. Tans. (2011) Controls on the movement and composition of firn air at the West Antarctic Ice Sheet Divide. Atmos Chem Phys 11.
3) Aydin, M., S.A. Montzka, M.O. Battle, M.B. Williams, W.J. De Bruyn, J.H. Butler, K.R. Verhulst, C. Tatum, B.K. Gun, D.A. Plotkin, B.D. Hall, E.S. Saltzman. (2010), Post-coring entrapment of modern air in some shallow ice cores collected near the firn-ice transition: evidence from CFC-12 measurements in Antarctic firn air and ice cores, Atmos Chem Phys, 10(11), 5135-5144. DOI
4) Tanton, J., Batuner,. D, Belyi, A., Callen, O., Coyne, J., Donovan, A., Gorbatoc, R., Levitan, A., Panov, .P., Plotkin, D., Plotkin-Swing, .B., Podpaly, Y., Roesenblum, N., Shirkova, T., Shteingold, S. Tai, M., Young students approach integer triangles, FOCUS, 22 no. 5 (2002), 46.
-Summa cum Laude, Bowdoin College, 2011
-Phi Beta Kappa, Bowdoin College, 2010
-Sarah and James Bowdoin Scholar (Dean's list), Bowdoin College, 2008-2010
-Sarah and James Bowdoin Book Award (4.0 GPA during the previous academic year), Bowdoin College, 2008-2010
-Hammond Mathematics Prize (top mathematics senior major at Bowdoin College), 2010
-Smyth Mathematics Prize (top mathematics sophomore major at Bowdoin College), 2008