- Program Year: 2
- Academic Institution: University of Washington
- Field of Study: Atmospheric Sciences
- Academic Advisor: Abigail Swann
Practicum Not Yet Completed
A.B. Geosciences, Princeton University, 2016
- Personal URL: https://clairezarakas.com/
Zarakas, C.M., Swann, A.L., Lague, M.M., Armour, K.C. and Randerson, J.T., 2020. Plant Physiology Increases the Magnitude and Spread of the Transient Climate Response to CO2 in CMIP6 Earth System Models. Journal of Climate, 33(19), pp.8561-8578.
Sanderson, B.M., Wobus, C., Mills, D., Zarakas, C., Crimmins, A., Sarofim, M.C. and Weaver, C., 2019. Informing Future Risks of Record-Level Rainfall in the United States. Geophysical Research Letters, 46(7), pp.3963-3972.
Wobus, C., Zarakas, C., Malek, P., Sanderson, B., Crimmins, A., Kolian, M., Sarofim, M. and Weaver, C.P., 2018. Reframing Future Risks of Extreme Heat in the United States. Earth's Future, 6(9), pp.1323-1335.
ACADEMIC SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (2018 - 2019; declined remaining years to accept DOE CSGF)
- Program on Climate Change Graduate Fellowship, University of Washington (2018 - 2019)
- Hollings Scholarship, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (2014 - 2016)
ACADEMIC AWARDS AND HONORS
- Top Scholar Award, University of Washington, Department of Atmospheric Sciences (2018)
- Sigma Xi Book Award, Princeton University, Department of Geosciences (2016)
- Elected to membership in the Sigma Xi Society, Princeton University (2016)
- Graduated with Highest Honors, Princeton University (2016)
- Benjamin F. Howell Class of 1913 Prize, Princeton University, Department of Geosciences (2015)
- Technical Innovation Award, Abt Associates (2018)
- Spot Recognition Award, Abt Associates (2016)