- Program Years: 2002-2006
- Academic Institution: University of California, Berkeley
- Field of Study: Computational Neuroscience
- Academic Advisor: Jack Gallant
Los Alamos National Laboratory (2003)
Ph.D. Biophysics (emphasis in Machine Learning/Statistics and Computational Visual Neuroscience), University of Calfornia, Berkeley, 2008
B.A. Molecular and Cell Biology, B.A. Applied Mathematics, and B.A. and Physics, UC, Berkeley, 1999
- Status: Chief AI Strategist at PROS Inc
- Research Area: Artificial Intelligence
- Personal URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelwuphd/
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Publications1. James R Golden, Kedarnath P Vilankar, Michael CK Wu, David J Field (2016) Conjectures regarding the nonlinear geometry of visual neurons. Vision Research (In Press).
2. Michael C Wu, (2008) Computational methods for functional characterization of visual neurons. UC Berkeley Ph.D. Dissertation.
3. Ben Willmore, Ryan J Prenger, Michael C Wu, & Jack L Gallant, (2008). The Berkeley Wavelet Transform: A biologically-inspired orthogonal wavelet transform. Neural Computation 20(6):1537-1564.
4. Michael C Wu, Stephen V David, & Jack L Gallant, (2006). Complete functional characterization of sensory neurons by system identification. Annual Review of Neuroscience 29:477-505.
5. Ryan J Prenger, Michael C Wu, Stephen V David, & Jack L Gallant, (2004). Nonlinear V1 responses to natural scenes revealed by neural network analysis. Neural Networks 17(5/6):663-679.
AwardsCRM Magazine Market Award: 2010 Influential Leaders
Department of Energy - Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE-CSGF)
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Honorable Mention (NSF-GRF Honorable Mention)
Honors in Molecular and Cell Biology
Outstanding Undergraduate Research Award
Honor of Exemplary Service and Performance as a Molecular and Cell Biology Study Group Leader