- Program Years: 1996-2000
- Academic Institution: California Institute of Technology
- Field of Study: Applied Mathematics
- Academic Advisor: Daniel Meiron
Los Alamos National Laboratory (1997)
Ph.D. Applied Mathematics, California Institute of Technology, 2001
B.S. Applied Mathematics, University of California,Los Angeles, 1995
- Status: Associate Professor, University of California, Merced
- Research Area: Numerical Methods, Scientific Computing
- Personal URL: http://faculty.ucmerced.edu/mtokman
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Three-dimensional Model of the Structure and Evolution of the Coronal Mass Ejections (CME). M. Tokman, P. Bellan, Astrophysical Journal, 567(2), 1202, March 10, 2002.
Efficient integration of large stiff systems of ODEs with exponential propagation iterative (EPI) methods, M. Tokman, Journal of Computational Physics, 213(2), 748-776, April 10, 2006.
Carrey Prize for Outstanding Thesis in Applied Mathematics (Caltech 2001),
Award For Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation in Plasma Physics (American Physical Society Division of Plasma Physics, 2002)