- Program Years: 2003-2007
- Academic Institution: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Field of Study: Engineering Mechanics
- Academic Advisor: Scott Stewart
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2004)
Ph.D. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2010
M.S. Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
B.S. Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University, 2002
- Status: National Research Council Postdoctoral Researcher, Naval Research Lab, Washington, D.C.
- Research Area: Detonation, Shock waves, Reacting flow
B. D. Taylor, A. R. Kasimov, and D. S. Stewart. "Mode selection in weakly unstable two-dimensional detonations." Combustion Theory and Modelling, Volume 13, Number 6, p. 973-992, 2009.
National Research Council Research Associate, 2011
Graduation with Distinction, Iowa State University, 2002
National Merit Scholar, 1998