- Program Years: 2008-2011
- Academic Institution: Rice University
- Field of Study: Biomedical Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Rebekah Drezek
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (2009)
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2010)
Ph.D. Bioengineering, Rice University, 2011
B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Houston, 2006
Status: Postdoctoral Research Associate at the Salk Institute for Biological Studies
Research Area: Biomedical Engineering
Personal URL: http://yingsamuelhu.blogspot.com
- Y. S. Hu, H. Cang, B. F. Lillemier, Superresolution imaging reveals nanometer- and micrometer-scale spatial distributions of T-cell receptors in lymph nodes, PNAS, 113(26), 2016.
- Y. S. Hu, M. Zimmerley, Y. Li, R. Watters, and H. Cang, Single-molecule super-resolution light-sheet microscopy, Chem. Phys. Chem., 15(4), 2014.
- Y. S. Hu, Q. Zhu, K. Elkins, K. Tse, Y. Li, J. Fitzpatrick, I. M. Verma, and H. Cang, Light-sheet Bayesian microscopy enables deep-cell super-resolution imaging of heterochromatin in live human embryonic cells, Opt. Nanoscopy, 2(7), 2013.
- Y. S. Hu, X. Nan, P. Sengupta, J. Lippincott-Schwartz, and H. Cang, Accelerating 3B single molecule super-resolution microscopy with cloud computing, Nat. Methods, 10(2), 2013.
- Young Investigator Award, American Association of Immunologists, 2016
- Young Investigator Award, PicoQuant and SPIE Photonics West, 2013
- NERSC allocation award, Biological Systems Science, DOE, 2012-2016
- Postdoctoral training grant awardee, California Institute for Regenerative Medicine, 2012-2015
- DOE CSGF fellow, 2008-2011
- SPIE Scholarship in Optical Science and Engineering, 2008 and 2009
- NSF fellow, East Asia and Pacific Summer Institute in Australia, 2007
- The Wilbur L. and Judy L. Meier Award, Cullen College of Engineering, University of Houston, 2006