- Program Years: 2006-2009
- Academic Institution: Emory University
- Field of Study: Computational Mathematics
- Academic Advisor: James Nagy
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (2007)
Ph.D. Computational Mathematics, Emory University, 2009
B.A. Mathematics, Emory University, 2004
- Status: Associate Professor, Department of Mathematics, Virginia Tech
- Research Area: Computational Science, Applied Mathematics, Biomedical Imaging
- Personal URL: http://www.math.vt.edu/people/jmchung/
- Contact Information: email@example.com
Julianne Chung and Katrina Palmer. "A Hybrid LSMR Algorithm for Large-Scale Tikhonov Regularization." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 37(2015),S562-S580.
Julianne Chung, Misha Kilmer, and Dianne O'Leary. "A Framework for Regularization via Operator Approximation." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 37(2015),B332-B359.
Julianne Chung, Matthias Chung, and Dianne O'Leary. "Optimal Regularized Low Rank Inverse Approximation and Bayes Risk Minimization." Linear Algebra and its Applications, 468(2015), 260-269.
Julianne Chung and Matthias Chung. "An Efficient Approach for Computing Optimal Low-Rank Regularized Inverse Matrices." Inverse Problems, 30(2014), 114009.
Julianne Chung, Matthias Chung, and Dianne O'Leary. "Optimal Filters from Calibration Data for Image Deconvolution with Data Acquisition Error." Journal of Mathematical Imaging and Vision, 2012. The final publication is available at www.springerlink.com.
Julianne Chung, Matthias Chung, and Dianne O'Leary. "Designing Optimal Spectral Filters for Inverse Problems." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 33 (2011), 3132-3152.
Julianne Chung, Glenn Easley, and Dianne O'Leary. "Windowed Spectral Regularization of Inverse Problems." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing, 33 (2011), 3175-3200.
Julianne Chung, Sarah Knepper, and James Nagy. "Large-Scale Inverse Problems in Imaging." Chapter 2 in Otmar Scherzer (ed.) Handbook of Mathematical Methods in Imaging, Springer (2011), 43-86.
Julianne Chung, James Nagy, and Ioannis Sechopoulos. "Numerical Algorithms for Polyenergetic Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Reconstruction." SIAM Journal on Imaging Sciences. 3(2010),133-152.
Julianne Chung and James Nagy. "An Efficient Iterative Approach for Large-Scale Separable Nonlinear Inverse Problems." SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing. 31(2010),4654-4674
Julianne Chung, Philip Sternberg, and Chao Yang. "High Performance 3-D Image Reconstruction for Molecular Structure Determination." The International Journal of High Performance Computing Applications. 24(2010), 117-135.
Julianne Chung and James Nagy. "Nonlinear Least Squares and Super Resolution." The Journal of Physics Conference Series 124 (2008), 012019.
Julianne Chung, James Nagy and Dianne P. O'Leary. "A Weighted GCV Method for Lanczos Hybrid Regularization." Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis, 28(2008), pp. 149-167.
Julianne Chung. "Making Blurry Images a Thing of the Past." Compose: the DOE CSGF Annual Essay Contest Journal (2006). See http://www.krellinst.org/doecsgf/compose/Compose_2006.pdf
Julianne Chung, Eldad Haber and James Nagy. "Numerical Methods for Coupled Super-Resolution." Inverse Problems, 22(2006), pp. 1261-1272.
- Department of Energy Frederick A. Howes Scholar in Computational Science Award
- National Science Foundation Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, fall 2009-2011
- Graduate Student Award to Attend the 57th Meeting of Nobel Laureates in Lindau, Germany
- Department of Energy CSGF Annual Essay Contest Winner, 2006
- Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship, fall 2006- 2009
- George W. Woodruff Fellowship, fall 2004 - 2009
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowship Honorable Mention, fall 2004
- Emory University Department of Mathematics and Computer Science Undergraduate Honors Program, Highest Honors in Mathematics, Thesis: "Filtering Methods for Image Restoration", awarded spring 2004
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, inducted spring 2003
- Goodrich C. White Emory Merit Scholar, awarded fall 2002
- Emory College Deans List