- Program Years: 1991-1994
- Academic Institution: University of Florida
- Field of Study: Aerospace Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Wei Shyy
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (1993)
Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, University of Florida, 1994
B.S. Engineering, University of Florida, 1989
Status: Senior staff member of Engineering/IT integration team at Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
Research Area: Computational Fluid Dynamics
Personal URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edwinblosch
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
“Assessment of HPCMP CREATE-AV Kestrel for F-35 Aero/Performance Applications,” Blosch, E., Smith, B., and Wooden, P., AIAA 2015-0551, 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2015.
• “Comparison of CFD-Based Simulation of External Fuel Tank Separation to Flight Test,” Finley, D., Messina, T., Chankaya, K., Blosch, E., and Dreese, J., AIAA 2014-0211, 52nd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2014.
• “Hypersonic Nonequilibrium Aerothermodynamics in CFD-FASTRAN,” Zhang, S. and Blosch, E., FEDSM2007-37296, Proceedings of ASME/JSME 5th Joint Fluids Engineering Conference, San Diego, CA, pp. 1843-1852, 2007.
• “Development and Validation of Transonic Flutter Prediction Methodology using CFD-FASTRAN,” Zhang, S., Meganathan, A., Blosch, E. and Saxena, A., AIAA-2007-2015, 48th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, April 2007.
• “Matrix Solvers for Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Zhang, S., Blosch, E. and Zhao, X., Proceedings of the 10th World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) International Conference on Applied Mathematics, Stevens Point, WI, USA, pp. 229-234, 2006.
• “Conjugate Gradient Linear Solvers for Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Zhang, S., Blosch, E. and Zhao, X., WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics, Vol.6, Issue 1, pp. 183-190, 2004.
• Computational Techniques for Complex Transport Phenomena, Shyy, W., Thakur, S., Ouyang, H., Liu, J. and Blosch, E., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1997.
• “Scalability and Performance of Data-Parallel Pressure-Based Multigrid Methods for Viscous Flows,” Blosch, E. and Shyy, W., Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 125, No. 2, pp. 338-353, 1996.
• “Sequential Pressure-Based Navier-Stokes Algorithms on SIMD Computers: Computational Issues,” Blosch, E. and Shyy, W., Numerical Heat Transfer B, Vol. 26, pp. 115-132, 1994.
• “The Role of Mass Conservation in Pressure-Based Algorithms,” Blosch, E., Shyy, W. and Smith, R., Numerical Heat Transfer B, Vol. 24, pp. 415-429, 1994.
• “Numerical Simulation of Confined Normal Shock Wave/Turbulent Boundary-Layer Interactions,” Blosch, E., Carroll, B., and Morris, M., AIAA Journal, Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 2241-2246, 1993.
• "Numerical Simulation of a Confined Transonic Normal Shock Wave/Turbulent Boundary-Layer Interaction,” Blosch, E., Carroll, B., and Morris, M., AIAA 1992-3668, 28th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Nashville, TN, 1992.