- Program Years: 1991-1994
- Academic Institution: University of Florida
- Field of Study: Aerospace Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Wei Shyy
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (1993)
Ph.D. Aerospace Engineering, University of Florida, 1994
B.S. Aerospace Engineering, University of Florida, 1989
- Status: Senior Staff, Engineering & Technology, Lockheed Martin
- Research Area: Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Personal URL: https://www.linkedin.com/in/edwinblosch
- Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org
CommentsCurrently on assignment in South Korea at Korea Aerospace Industries, supporting the KF-X program.
Publications1. “Outgassing Characteristics from Oxygen Dissolved in JP-8 During Depressurization,” Bae, K-S., and Blosch, E. L., AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, published on-line January 7, 2020, https://doi.org/10.2514/1.B37749.
2. “Assessment of HPCMP CREATE-AV Kestrel for F-35 Aero/Performance Applications,” Blosch, E., Smith, B., and Wooden, P., AIAA 2015-0551, 53rd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Orlando, FL, 2015.
3. “Comparison of CFD-Based Simulation of External Fuel Tank Separation to Flight Test,” Finley, D., Messina, T., Chankaya, K., Blosch, E., and Dreese, J., AIAA 2014-0211, 52nd AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Baltimore, MD, 2014.
4. Minimally Intrusive Wingtip Vortex Wake Mitigation using Inside-Mold-Line Surface Modifications, US patent 8960609; P. Wooden, R. Moor, E. Charlton, D. Miller, E. Blosch, J. Azevedo. February 20, 2015.
5. “Hypersonic Nonequilibrium Aerothermodynamics in CFD-FASTRAN,” Zhang, S. and Blosch, E., FEDSM2007-37296, Proceedings of ASME/JSME 5th Joint Fluids Engineering Conference, San Diego, CA, pp. 1843-1852, 2007.
6. “Development and Validation of Transonic Flutter Prediction Methodology using CFD-FASTRAN,” Zhang, S., Meganathan, A., Blosch, E. and Saxena, A., AIAA-2007-2015, 48th AIAA/ASME/ASCE/AHS/ASC Structures, Structural Dynamics and Materials Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, April 2007.
7. “Matrix Solvers for Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Zhang, S., Blosch, E. and Zhao, X., Proceedings of the 10th World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society (WSEAS) International Conference on Applied Mathematics, Stevens Point, WI, USA, pp. 229-234, 2006.
8. “Time-Based Nonlinear Aeroelastic Analyses using CFD-FASTRAN,” Blosch, E., Megahed, M., Simulation of Complex Flows (CFD) - Applications and Trends, NAFEMS Seminar, Wiesbaden, Germany, 2005.
9. “Conjugate Gradient Linear Solvers for Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Zhang, S., Blosch, E. and Zhao, X., WSEAS Transactions on Mathematics, Vol.6, Issue 1, pp. 183-190, 2004.
10. “Computational Study of the Effect of Operating Conditions on Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cells,” Blosch, E., Kumar, S., Lowry, S., Mazumder, S., Showalter, M., and Solanki, N., 2003 Fuel Cell Seminar, Miami Beach, FL, Nov 2003.
11. “An Expandable Expert System for Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Singhal, A., Blosch, E., and Habchi, S., Phase 2 Final Report, Contract F33615-98-C-3013, January 2001.
12. “Development of a Generic Control System for MDICE and Survey of Existing Candidate Codes,” Peavey, C., Volk, J., Ausman, J. and Blosch, E., Contract Report 99-026, Pico Rivera CA, 1999.
13. “Development and Validation of MDICE Capability for Aeroelastic Analyses,” Blosch, E., 2nd Symposium on Multidisciplinary Environments and Applications, ASC MSRC, WPAFB, Ohio, 1998.
14. “Development of Engine-Inlet Coupling and High-Performance Computing,” Peavey, C., Blosch, E. and Welder, W., Contract Report NAS2-01497, Pico Rivera, CA, 1998.
15. Computational Techniques for Complex Transport Phenomena, Shyy, W., Thakur, S., Ouyang, H., Liu, J. and Blosch, E., Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, MA, 1997.
16. “Scalability and Performance of Data-Parallel Pressure-Based Multigrid Methods for Viscous Flows,” Blosch, E. and Shyy, W., Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 125, No. 2, pp. 338-353, 1996.
17. “Sequential Pressure-Based Navier-Stokes Algorithms on SIMD Computers: Computational Issues,” Blosch, E. and Shyy, W., Numerical Heat Transfer B, Vol. 26, pp. 115-132, 1994.
18. “The Role of Mass Conservation in Pressure-Based Algorithms,” Blosch, E., Shyy, W. and Smith, R., Numerical Heat Transfer B, Vol. 24, pp. 415-429, 1994.
19. “Parallel Efficiency of Sequential Pressure-Based Navier-Stokes Algorithms on SIMD Computers,” Blosch, E. and Shyy, W., AIAA 1994-0409, 32nd Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Reno, NV, 1994.
20. “Numerical Simulation of Confined Normal Shock Wave/Turbulent Boundary-Layer Interactions,” Blosch, E., Carroll, B., and Morris, M., AIAA Journal, Vol. 31, No. 12, pp. 2241-2246, 1993.
21. "Numerical Simulation of a Confined Transonic Normal Shock Wave/Turbulent Boundary-Layer Interaction,” Blosch, E., Carroll, B., and Morris, M., AIAA 1992-3668, 28th Joint Propulsion Conference and Exhibit, Nashville, TN, 1992.