- Program Years: 2015-2019
- Academic Institution: Harvard University
- Field of Study: Soft Condensed Matter Physics
- Academic Advisor: Christopher Rycroft
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (2017)
B.S. Integrated Science, Mathematics, and Physics, Northwestern University, 2014
Research Area: Soft Condensed Matter Physics
1) N. M. Boffi, M. Jain, A. Natan, "Asymptotic behavior and interpretation of virtual states: the effects of confinement and of basis sets," J. Chem. Phys. 144, 084104 (2016).
2) N. M. Boffi, M. Jain, A. Natan, "Efficient computation of the hartree-fock exchange in real-space with projection operators" J. Chem. Theory Comput., (2016), 12 (8).
3) N. M. Boffi, J. C. Hill, M. G. Reuter, "Characterizing the inverses of block tridiagonal, block Toeplitz matrices," Comput. Sci. Disc. 8, 015001 (2015).
4) M. G. Reuter, N. M. Boffi, M. A. Ratner, T. Seideman, "The role of dimensionality in the decay of surface effects," J. Chem. Phys. 138, 084707 (2013).
5) N.M. Boffi, Jean-Jacques E. Slotine, "A continuous-time analysis of distributed stochastic gradient", arXiv preprint (2018) arXiv:1812.10995.
6) N.M. Boffi, Chris H. Rycroft, "Parallel three-dimensional simulations of quasi-static elastoplastic solids. Part I: Numerical formulation and examples", arXiv preprint (2019) arXiv:1904.03808.
7) N.M. Boffi, Chris H. Rycroft, "Parallel three-dimensional simulations of quasi-static elastoplastic solids. Part II: Coordinate transformations", arXiv preprint (2019) arXiv:1904.04145
1) Fulbright Fellow, 2014-2015.
2) Phi Beta Kappa, Northwestern Chapter, 2014.
3) Honorary Cambridge Trust Fellow (declined), 2014-2015.
4) Hypercube Award for excellence in theoretical chemistry research, 2013.