Exciting Enhancements for 2017
The newly renovated Crystal Gateway Marriott is the backdrop for this summer's DOE CSGF Annual Program Review. Just as the meeting site has seen upgrades, the review agenda also has been refreshed in response to program sponsor and attendee feedback.
All-attendee programming begins with a Monday afternoon DOE Laboratory Poster Session, highlighting practicum, postdoctoral and employment opportunities and setting the stage for more focused conversations throughout the week. Tuesday’s schedule remains unchanged, but Wednesday features an all-day, hands-on HPC Workshop highlighting the latest DOE supercomputer platforms and allowing for team formation, collaboration and networking. The event touches on the work of program alumni each day, and concludes Thursday with a special postdoc-to-career panel illustrating the DOE CSGF’s breadth and impressive, growing graduate base.
- Comments from Office of Science, NNSA and other invited speakers
- Insight into fellows' research via fourth-year presentations and the annual poster session
- Access to DOE laboratory staff and opportunities via a poster session and one-on-one meetings
- A day-long, hands-on HPC Workshop with customized tracks
- Special programming to highlight alumni postdoc and career pursuits
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Proximity to historical D.C. landmarks and museums
A benefit of the fellowship, the annual program review provides a unique opportunity to connect people from a variety of disciplines and organizations, all while serving to build and strengthen relationships in the DOE community that will last a lifetime.
(Please note that registration is limited to DOE CSGF program participants and invited guests.)
Images — Top: Capitol Dome Detail, Jake McGuire; Middle: Aerial View of Thomas Circle, Jason Hawkes; Bottom: Metrorail, Destination DC. Sourced from www.washington.org.