Fellows, alumni, laboratory staff and friends of the program gathered at Arlington's Crystal Gateway Marriott July 14-18 for the Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship Annual Program Review. Members of the 2019 incoming class of fellows convened Sunday afternoon, followed by an an all-attendee social that evening.
Review programming included three keynotes, 13 outgoing fellow talks, sessions focused on practicum and employment opportunities at DOE facilities, a poster showcase of fellows' research, and two panels featuring the work and experiences of DOE CSGF alumni. The general session closed Wednesday morning and fellows then spent an extra day participating in collaborative HPC Workshop sessions.
- Comments from Office of Science, NNSA and other invited speakers
- Insight into fellows' research via fourth-year presentations and the annual poster session
- Access to DOE laboratory staff and opportunities via a poster session and one-on-one meetings
- A multi-day, team-based, hands-on HPC Workshop with access to DOE supercomputers
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Proximity to historical D.C. landmarks and museums