Fellows, alumni, laboratory staff and friends of the program will gather at Arlington's Crystal Gateway Marriott July 14-18 for the Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship Annual Program Review. Members of the 2019 incoming class of fellows will convene Sunday afternoon, with an all-attendee social planned for later that evening.
Review programming includes three keynotes, 13 outgoing fellow talks, sessions focused on practicum and employment opportunities at DOE facilities, a poster showcase of fellows' research, and two panels featuring the work and experiences of DOE CSGF alumni. The general session closes Wednesday morning and the fellow-oriented HPC Workshop begins that afternoon, wrapping up at lunchtime Thursday.
- Comments from Office of Science, NNSA and other invited speakers
- Insight into fellows' research via fourth-year presentations and the annual poster session
- Access to DOE laboratory staff and opportunities via a poster session and one-on-one meetings
- A multi-day, team-based, hands-on HPC Workshop with access to DOE supercomputers
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Proximity to historical D.C. landmarks and museums
A benefit of the fellowship, the annual program review provides a unique forum to connect people from a variety of disciplines and organizations, all while serving to build and strengthen relationships in the DOE community that will last a lifetime.
(Registration is limited to DOE CSGF program participants and invited guests.)