Early Start to 2018 Programming
Fellows, alumni, laboratory staff and friends of the fellowship gathered at Arlington's Crystal Gateway Marriott July 15-19 for the DOE CSGF Annual Program Review. The 2018 meeting kicked off with a Sunday welcome reception and game night ahead of a program that included three keynotes, 20 fellow talks and two poster sessions — plus an expanded, hands-on HPC Workshop.
DOE Office of Science and NNSA leadership formally welcomed attendees on Monday morning, followed by keynote, fellows and Howes Scholar talks. The day concluded with a highlight of DOE facilities via practicum and laboratory poster sessions. Tuesday began with an alumni keynote focused on science communication, followed by fellow talks and the annual fellows' poster session. The general session closed Wednesday morning, and the fellow-oriented HPC Workshop spanned Wednesday afternoon into Thursday morning.
- Comments from Office of Science, NNSA and other invited speakers
- Insight into fellows' research via fourth-year presentations and the annual poster session
- Access to DOE laboratory staff and opportunities via a poster session and one-on-one meetings
- A multi-day, team-based, hands-on HPC Workshop with access to DOE supercomputers
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Proximity to historical D.C. landmarks and museums