- Program Years: 2014-2018
- Academic Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Nicolas Hadjiconstantinou
Argonne National Laboratory (2015)
Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering and Computation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2019
S.M. Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2015
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics & Physics, Yale University, 2013
- Status: Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University
- Research Area: Nanoscale mechanics, non-equilibrium statistical physics, materials for the water-energy nexus
- Personal URL: http://web.mit.edu/gjwang/www/
MIT Edward L. Horton Fellowship Award, 2017.
Second prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering De Florez Award Competition, 2017.
MIT Graduate Teaching Award in the School of Engineering, 2016.
Second prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering De Florez Award Competition, 2016.
First prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering Research Exhibition, 2015.
First prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering De Florez Award Competition, 2015.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (declined to accept DOE CSGF), 2014.
TBP Graduate Fellowship, 2014.
Second prize, International Finals of the ASME Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition at the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, 2013.
Graduated magna cum laude from Yale with distinction in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics & Physics, 2013.
Donald Warren McCrosky Memorial Prize in Mechanical Engineering, 2013.
First prize, District A Regionals of the ASME Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition, 2013.
Phi Beta Kappa, 2012.
Yale College Science Dean's Research Fellowship, 2012. Awarded to support summer research at CERN.
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, 2011.
Barge Prize in Mathematics, 2010.
National Merit Scholarship, 2009.
Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship, 2009.
Chicago Tribune Illinois All-State Academic Team, 2009.