- Program Years: 2014-2018
- Academic Institution: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Field of Study: Mechanical Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Nicolas Hadjiconstantinou
Argonne National Laboratory (2015)
B.S. Mechanical Engineering, and B.S. Mathematics and Physics, Yale University, 2013
Research Area: Mechanical Engineering
Personal URL: http://web.mit.edu/gjwang/www/
1) Layered Fluid Structure and Anomalous Diffusion under Nanoconfinement. G. J. Wang and N. G. Hadjiconstantinou. Langmuir, Vol. 34, Iss. 23, 6976-6982 (2018).
2) Molecular mechanics and structure of the fluid-solid interface in simple fluids. G. J. Wang and N. G. Hadjiconstantinou. Physical Review Fluids, Vol. 2, No. 9, 094201 (2017).
3) Why are Fluid Densities So Low in Carbon Nanotubes? G.J. Wang and N.G. Hadjiconstantinou. Physics of Fluids, Vol. 27, No. 5, 052006 (2015).
4) Measurement of tau polarization in W->tau+nu decays with the ATLAS detector in pp collisions at sqrt(s)=7 TeV. The ATLAS Collaboration. The European Physical Journal C, Vol. 72, No. 7, 2062 (2012).
5) Hsp90 inhibition increases p53 expression and destabilizes MYCN and MYC in neuroblastoma. P.L. Regan, J. Jacobs, G. Wang, J. Torres, R. Edo, J. Friedmann, and X. Tang. International Journal of Oncology, Vol. 38, No. 1 (2011).
MIT Edward L. Horton Fellowship Award, 2017.
Second prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering De Florez Award Competition, 2017.
MIT Graduate Teaching Award in the School of Engineering, 2016.
Second prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering De Florez Award Competition, 2016.
First prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering Research Exhibition, 2015.
First prize, MIT Mechanical Engineering De Florez Award Competition, 2015.
NSF Graduate Research Fellowship (declined to accept DOE CSGF), 2014.
TBP Graduate Fellowship, 2014.
Second prize, International Finals of the ASME Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition at the International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, 2013.
Graduated magna cum laude from Yale with distinction in Mechanical Engineering and Mathematics & Physics, 2013.
Donald Warren McCrosky Memorial Prize in Mechanical Engineering, 2013.
First prize, District A Regionals of the ASME Old Guard Oral Presentation Competition, 2013.
Phi Beta Kappa, 2012.
Yale College Science Dean's Research Fellowship, 2012. Awarded to support summer research at CERN.
Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society, 2011.
Barge Prize in Mathematics, 2010.
National Merit Scholarship, 2009.
Robert C. Byrd Honors Scholarship, 2009.
Chicago Tribune Illinois All-State Academic Team, 2009.