Fellows, alumni, laboratory staff and friends of the program gathered at Arlington's Crystal Gateway Marriott July 17-21 for the Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship Annual Program Review. Fellows convened Sunday afternoon for a long-overdue opportunity to meet each other face-to-face, with an all-attendee social that evening.
The general session spanned Monday morning through Thursday lunch, review programming included keynotes, outgoing fellow talks, recognition of the 2022 Howes Scholars, sessions focused on practicum and employment opportunities at DOE facilities, a poster showcase of fellows' research, and panels covering professional development topics of relevance to this audience.
- Comments from Office of Science, NNSA and other invited speakers
- Insight into fellows' research via fourth-year presentations and the annual poster session
- Access to DOE laboratory staff and opportunities via a poster session and one-on-one meetings
- Networking and professional development opportunities
- Proximity to historical D.C. landmarks and museums
A benefit of the fellowship, the annual program review provides a unique forum to connect people from a variety of disciplines and organizations, all while serving to build and strengthen relationships in the DOE community that will last a lifetime.