- Program Year: 1
- Academic Institution: Rice University
- Field of Study: Nuclear & Particle Physics
- Academic Advisor: Christopher Tunnell
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2021)
B.S. Physics, Concentration in Applied Mathematics, University of Dallas, 2019
- "Search for inelastic scattering of WIMP dark matter in XENON1T," XENON Collaboration, (2020) arXiv: 2011.10431
- "Symmetry in the diffraction of beams carrying orbital angular momentum," A. Ambuj, E. Walla, S. Andaloro*, S. Nomoto, R. Vyas, S. Singh. 99, (2019) Phys. Rev. A. DOI: 10.1103/PhysRevA.99.013846
- Fall 2018 Joint Meeting of the APS Division of Nuclear Physics and Physical Society of Japan; Poster presentation:
"Using machine learning to improve neutron-gamma discrimination," S. Andaloro*, J. Hooker, G.V. Rogachev. HA.00032.
- Fall 2017 Texas Section of the American Physics Society Conference: Oral presentation, "Diffraction properties of Laguerre-Gaussian Vortex beams," S. Andaloro*, S. Singh, A. Ambuj, S. Nomoto. B3.00004 (Recipient of the 2018 Robert S. Hyer Award from the APS).
---FELLOWSHIPS AND GRANTS---
1. DOE NNSA SSGF Fellow, 2020-Present
2. Henry and Margaret Dunlap Fellowship, Rice U. Physics Department (2019)
3. Duncan Fellowship, Rice U. Physics Department (2019)
3. Dean's Fellowship, Rice U. Dean of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (2019)
1. NSF GRFP Awardee (April 2020). (Declined in order to accept the DOE NNSA SSGF).
2. NSF GRFP Honorable Mention (April 2019)
3. Cardinal Spellman Award (May 2019): U. of Dallas award, granted to one student upon both faculty and colleague nomination. Recognizes distinguished potential to succeed in future graduate study.
4. Monostori Award (May 2019): U. of Dallas Physics department award, granted to a senior in physics who has excelled in course work, research, and leadership.
5. Summa cum laude (May 2019)
6. Robert S. Hyer Award (October 2018): Texas Section of the American Physical Society (APS) award for outstanding undergraduate research on "Fraunhofer Diffraction of Laguerre-Gaussian Vortex Beams."
7. Clare Boothe Luce Award (2017-2019)
8. Society for Physics Students Chapter of the Year Award: 2018-2019
9. Notable Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa (2018), Sigma Pi Sigma (2018), American Physical Society