Department of Energy laboratory scientists and staff are an integral part of the DOE NNSA SSGF community. To stay involved with the program and fellowship, they:
- Attend the annual program review, where they interact with fellows and other attendees, give keynote talks and host booths at the DOE Laboratory Poster Session.
- Serve as practicum coordinators, helping fellows find appropriate research mentors and providing assistance.
- Host fellows during their practicums and collaborate with them on research.
- Share information about career and employment opportunities at their laboratories.
- Serve on the fellowship steering committee, advising on program improvements and discussing opportunities for fellows.
- Serve on the selection committee to help choose new fellows each year.