- Program Years: 2009-2013
- Academic Institution: University of Michigan
- Field of Study: Nuclear Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Edward Larsen
Argonne National Laboratory (2010)
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (2011)
Ph.D. Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences, University of Michigan, 2014
M.S. Mathematics, Univ. of Michigan, 2012
M.S. Nuclear Engineering and Radiological Sciences, Univ. of Michigan, 2010
B.S. Nuclear Engineering, Texas A&M University, 2008
- Status: R&D Scientist at Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Research Area: Nuclear Engineering
T.J. Trahan, J.C. Ragusa, J.E. Morel, â€œGALERKIN-QUADRATURES FOR SOLVING FORWARD-PEAKED SCATTERING PARTICLE TRANSPORT PROBLEMS WITH THE SN METHOD IN 2D CARTESIAN GEOMETRIES,â€ Proceedings of the International Conference on Mathematics, Computational Methods & Reactor Physics, Saratoga Springs, New York, May 3-7, 2009.
E.W. Larsen, T.J. Trahan, â€œ2-D Anisotropic Diffusion in Optically Thin Channelsâ€, Transactions of the American Nuclear Society Vol. 101, pp. 387 (2009).
T.J. Trahan, E.W. Larsen, â€œ3-D ANISOTROPIC NEUTRON DIFFUSION IN OPTICALLY THICK
MEDIA WITH OPTICALLY THIN CHANNELS,â€ International Conference on Mathematics and Computational Methods Applied to Nuclear Science and Engineering, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil, May 8-12, 2011.
N.A. Gentile, T.J. Trahan, â€œA Modified Treatment of Sources in Implicit Monte Carlo Radiation Transport,â€ 22nd International Conference on Transport Theory, Portland, OR, September 11-16, 2011.
T.J. Trahan, N.A. Gentile, â€œAnalytic Treatment of Source Photon Emission Times to Reduce Noise in Implicit Monte Carlo Calculations,â€ Transport Theory and Statistical Physics, Vol. 41:3-4, pp. 265-283, (2012).
T. J. Trahan and E. W. Larsen, â€œAn Asymptotic Homogenized Diffusion Approximation. I. Theory,â€ Proceedings of Advances in Reactor Physics Linking Research, Industry, and Education (PHYSOR 2012), Knoxville, TN, USA, April 15-20, 2012.
T. J. Trahan and E. W. Larsen, â€œAn Asymptotic Homogenized Diffusion Approximation. II. Numerical Comparisons,â€ Proceedings of Advances in Reactor Physics Linking Research, Industry, and Education (PHYSOR 2012), Knoxville, TN, USA, April 15-20, 2012.
T. J. Trahan and E. W. Larsen, "AN ASYMPTOTIC, HOMOGENIZED, ANISOTROPIC, MULTIGROUP DIFFUSION APPROXIMATION TO THE NEUTRON TRANSPORT EQUATION," Proceedings of International Conference on The Role of Reactor Physics toward a Sustainable Future (PHYSOR2014), Kyoto, Japan, September, 2014.
T. J. Trahan and E. W. Larsen, "ASYMPTOTIC, MULTIGROUP FLUX RECONSTRUCTION AND CONSISTENT DISCONTINUITY FACTORS," Proceedings of International Conference on The Role of Reactor Physics toward a Sustainable Future (PHYSOR2014), Kyoto, Japan, September, 2014.
- American Nuclear Society Mathematics and Computation Division â€œBest Summary & Presentationâ€ Award for the summary â€œ2-D Anisotropic Diffusion in Optically Thin Channelsâ€ presented at the November 2009 meeting of the American Nuclear Society
- American Nuclear Society Graduate Fellowship, 2009-2013
- Highest Honors, Texas A&M University, 2005-2008
- Deanâ€™s List, Look College of Engineering, Texas A&M University, Fall 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007
- Hertz Fellowship Finalist, 2008
- University of Michigan College of Engineering Deanâ€™s/Named Fellowship, 2008-2009
- American Nuclear Society Undergraduate Scholarship, 2007-2008
- American Nuclear Society Sophomore Undergraduate Scholarship, 2006-2007
- Dwight Look College of Engineering Scholarship, 2007-2008
- Nuclear Engineering Department (Texas A&M University) Scholarship, 2005-2008