A Return to the Southwest
Fellows, alumni, academic advisors, and DOE laboratory and headquarters staff convened at Santa Fe's La Fonda on the Plaza to discuss current topics in high density physics, nuclear science, and materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics. In addition, fellows had the exclusive opportunity to tour Sandia (Albuquerque) and Los Alamos national laboratories in advance of the review.
A benefit of the fellowship, the annual program review provides a unique opportunity to connect people from a variety of disciplines and organizations, all while serving to build and strengthen lifelong relationships.
- Presentations by each of the students completing their fellowship in 2017
- Career insight from DOE NNSA SSGF alumni
- An overview of student research via the Fellows’ Poster Session
- Information regarding practicum, postdoc and employment opportunities via the DOE Laboratory Poster Session
- Opportunities to network with program fellows, alumni, academic faculty and DOE NNSA laboratory leaders
- Access to Santa Fe landmarks, art and culture