DOE NNSA SSGF Annual Program Review attendees enjoyed a change of scenery when the event moved west to Santa Fe, N.M., June 24-26, 2013. Fellows, alumni, academic advisors, and DOE laboratory and headquarters staff gathered to learn about current research in the areas of high energy density physics, nuclear science, and materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics.
As an added bonus, and in response to overwhelming interest, program fellows had the exclusive opportunity to tour Los Alamos National Laboratory.
- Valuable insight from keynote speakers
- Presentations by each of the fellows completing their degree in 2013
- Insight into student research during the Fellows' Poster Session
- Information regarding practicum opportunities during the DOE Laboratory Poster Session
- Opportunities to network with program fellows, alumni, academic faculty and DOE NNSA laboratory leaders
- Exclusive fellows-only tour of Los Alamos National Laboratory
A benefit of the fellowship program, the annual program review provides a unique opportunity to connect people from a variety of disciplines and organizations, all while serving to build and strengthen relationships that will last a lifetime.