Making Connections in the City by the Bay
Fellows, alumni, academic advisors, and DOE laboratory and headquarters staff will convene in San Francisco this June to discuss current topics in high density physics, nuclear science, and materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics. Attendees will also include recipients of the inaugural DOE NNSA Laboratory Residency Graduate Fellowship class.
Fellows will arrive early for the exclusive opportunity to tour Sandia and Lawrence Livermore national laboratories on Tuesday, June 19. They will join other review attendees at the Argonaut Hotel for official programming on Wednesday, June 20 and Thursday, June 21.
A benefit of the fellowship, the annual program review provides a unique opportunity to connect people from a variety of disciplines and organizations, all while serving to build and strengthen lifelong relationships.
- Introductions to the 2018-19 DOE NNSA SSGF and DOE NNSA LRGF incoming classes
- Presentations by each of the students completing their fellowship in 2018
- An overview of student research via the Fellows’ Poster Session
- Information regarding practicum, postdoc and employment opportunities via the DOE Laboratory Poster Session
- Opportunities to network with program fellows, alumni, academic faculty and DOE NNSA laboratory leaders
- Access to San Francisco landmarks, art and culture
Please note that registration is limited to DOE NNSA SSGF and DOE NNSA LRGF program participants and invited guests.
Image courtesy of the Argonaut Hotel. View the full image gallery.