In the program's initial years, DOE NNSA LRGF students, advisors and laboratory staff will attend the annual summer meeting of the Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE NNSA SSGF). Since the two programs focus on similar fields and involve many of the same NNSA facilities, fellows will find much to share about their research and experiences when gathered as a joint community.
About the meeting: Since 2007, the DOE NNSA SSGF program review has convened fellows, alumni, DOE staff and other members of the scientific community to share ideas and support and to discover research opportunities at Department of Energy laboratories. The meeting typically includes a laboratory site visit, keynote and fellow presentations, professional development programming and fellow and laboratory poster sessions.
2019 Program Review Registration Now Open
The DOE NNSA SSGF and LRGF Annual Program Review is set for June 25-27 at Washington, D.C.'s Capital Hilton — located just a few blocks from the White House.
- Introductions to members of the 2019-2020 DOE NNSA LRGF and DOE NNSA SSGF incoming classes
- Presentations by each of the DOE NNSA SSGF students completing their fellowship in 2019
- An overview of student research via the Fellows' Poster Session
- Information regarding practicum, postdoc and employment opportunities via the DOE Laboratory Poster Session
- Opportunities to network with program fellows, alumni, academic faculty and DOE NNSA laboratory leaders
- Access to Washington, D.C. landmarks, museums, and culture
Mark your calendar, review the agenda and register by Wednesday, May 22 to take part in this important dialogue.
Please note that registration is limited to DOE NNSA LRGF and DOE NNSA SSGF program participants and invited guests.