Department of Energy laboratory scientists and staff are an integral part of the DOE NNSA SSGF community. To stay involved with the program and fellowship community, they:
- Attend the annual conference, interacting with fellows and other attendees, giving keynote talks and hosting booths at the DOE Laboratory Poster Session.
- Serve as practicum coordinators, helping fellows find appropriate research mentors and providing assistance.
- Host fellows during their practicums and collaborate with them on research.
- Share information about career and employment opportunities at their laboratories.
- Serve on the fellowship steering committee, giving advice on how to continually improve the program and learning opportunities for fellows.
- Serve on the DOE NNSA SSGF Selection Committee to help choose a new class of fellows each year.