- Program Year: 1
- Academic Institution: Georgia Institute of Technology
- Field of Study: Materials Science and Engineering
- Academic Advisor: Naresh Thadhani
Los Alamos National Laboratory (2019)
B.S. Chemical and Materials Engineering, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, 2015
- T. Voorhees, O. Villalpando, V. Ravi. "Characterization of the Corrosion Behavior of Advanced Titanium Alloys in Simulated Physiological Environments Using Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy". NACE International CORROSION 2015 Conference & Expo. NACE International. March 2015. Print.
- K. McCann, T. Voorhees, G. Margoosian, J. Miguel, V. Ravi. "Electrochemical Evaluation of Titanium-Boron Alloys for Potential Biomedical Applications". NACE International CORROSION 2016 Conference & Expo. NACE International. March 2016. Print.
- T. Voorhees, G. Kennedy, D. Fredenburg, N. Thadhani. "Characterization of the Dynamic Consolidation Behavior of Cerium Dioxide Powders as a Function of Green Density". Shock Compression of Condensed Matter Conference. American Physical Society. July 2017. Print.
- C. Rousculp, M. Freeman, T. Voorhees, D. Fredenburg, et al. "MHD Modeling of Shock Physics Experiments with the PHELIX Portable High Magnetic Field Drive". 16th International Conference on Megagauss Magnetic Field Generation
and Related Topics. LA-UR-18-30290. October 2018. Print.
- T. Voorhees, D.A. Fredenburg, C. Rousculp, J. Griego, D. Oro, "(U) Pre-shot Report: Complex Loading of CeO2 Powder", LANL Report, LA-UR-18-26574 (2018).
- T. Voorhees, "(U) Introduction to the Dynamic Deformation of Materials and Hydrodynamics: Theory and Experimentation", LANL Report, LA-UR-18-XXXXX [Pending] (2018).
- T. Voorhees, D.A. Fredenburg, M. Freeman, C. Rousculp, J. Griego, D. Oro, L. Neukirch, R. Reinovsky, "(U) Complex Loading of CeO2 Powder", LANL Report, LA-UR-XXXXX [Pending] (2018).
Conference Presentations and Invited Talks:
- Southern California Conferences for Undergraduate Research (SCCUR), Oral, November 2013.
- Cal Poly Student Research Conference (CPSRC), Oral, March 2014.
- NACE International CORROSION Conference & Expo, Poster, March 2014.
- American Society for Metals (ASM) Los Angeles Section Student Poster Night, Poster, April 2014.
- Invited Talk for Association for Iron & Steel Technologies (AIST) at California Steel Industries (CSI), Oral, April 2014.
- Cal Poly Pomona Senior Symposium, Oral, May 2014.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science, Pacific Division (AAASPD) Conference, Oral, June 2014.
- SCCUR, Oral, November 2014.
- NACE International CORROSION Conference & Expo, Poster and Oral, March 2015.
- Invited Talk for AIST at CSI, Oral, April 2015.
- Cal Poly Pomona Senior Symposium, Oral, May 2015.
- Cal Poly Pomona Engineering Project Showcase, Oral, May 2015.
- AAASPD, Two oral presentations, June 2015.
- Georgia Tech Materials Science and Engineering (GTMSE) Graduate and Undergraduate Poster Competition, Poster, April 2017.
- XTD-NTA Division Student Talks at LANL, Oral, July 2017.
- American Physical Society Shock Compression of Condensed Matter Conference, Poster and Oral, July 2017.
- GTMSE Spring Poster Competition, Poster, April 2018.
- Proton Radiography Workshop, Oral, August 2018.
- Introduction to Electrochemistry and Corrosion, Cal Poly Pomona, Summer 2015
- Microstructural Evolution During Solidification and Mechanical Forming "MSE4022", Georgia Tech, Fall 2016-2018
- Introduction to Hydrodynamics and the Dynamic Deformation of Materials, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Summer 2018
- 2010: Rancho Bernardo Sunrise Rotary Club Scholarship
- 2010: AXA Achievement Scholarship
- 2014: NACE Academic Foundation-Williams Companies Scholarship
- 2014: NACE Los Angeles Section Scholarship
- 2014: Boeing CME Scholarship
- 2014: AAAS PD Conference First Prize in Engineering, Technology, and Applied Science
- 2014: AAAS PD Conference Laurence M. Klauber Section-Wide Award
- 2015: AAAS PD Conference Honorable Mention in Engineering, Technology and Applied Science
- 2015: Cal Poly Pomona Engineering Project Showcase First Prize
- 2017: Georgia Tech MSE Graduate and Undergraduate Spring Poster Competition Second Prize
- 2017: American Physical Society: Shock Compression of Condensed Matter Student Travel Award
- 2018: Lamar H. Franklin Fellowship, Georgia Tech
- 2018: The Department of Energy's National Nuclear Security Administration Laboratory Residency Graduate Fellowship, Krell Insitute