The Krell Institute has deep experience in developing and managing programs in collaboration with government agencies, academic institutions and national laboratories. Our staff meets clients’ needs with end-to-end service, including:
- Recruitment strategy and implementation
- Committee formation and management
- Application acceptance and screening
- Participant management and monitoring
- Payment and financial management
- Event planning and oversight
- Stakeholder communication and coordination
- Outcome assessment
- Website and social media representation
- Secure website design and maintenance
- Information technology assistance
Our portfolio includes two of the most successful fellowships offered by a U.S. science agency:
- Department of Energy Computational Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE CSGF): Krell Institute has managed the DOE CSGF since 1997, covering every detail from applicant recruitment to academic oversight. The program provides tuition, stipends and other benefits to doctoral students and guides them as they employ high-performance computing for discovery in disparate disciplines. More than 350 fellows have studied at over 50 universities around the country and more than 65 fellows are presently enrolled. The Department of Energy’s Office of Science and the National Nuclear Security Administration support the fellowship.
- Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (DOE NNSA SSGF): Krell Institute has managed the DOE NNSA SSGF since the program’s 2006 founding, providing complete services from recruiting to stipend and tuition management to academic oversight. The DOE NNSA SSGF supports doctoral students in areas important to maintaining the U.S. nuclear deterrent, including nuclear science, high energy density physics and materials under extreme conditions and hydrodynamics. About 20 fellows currently attend universities across the United States. The program has more than 30 alumni.