Now Hiring: Program Associate for Graduate Fellowships
The Krell Institute, a non-profit located in Ames, Iowa, is focused on supporting technology-based education and information programs, science communication, and, specifically, doctoral fellowship programs. We collaborate with agencies and institutions to foster the nation’s competitive advantage in science and engineering. We are here to make a difference.
Our people are passionate about the work they do, and we are looking to add a Program Associate to our team. This individual will provide administrative support to the fellowship programs by collaborating with colleagues, vendors and external contacts.
In this role you will:
- Organize and manage fellowship information for assigned projects
- Assist with creating and maintaining new fellow records
- Interact with fellows, alumni and universities via phone, email and online platforms
- Compile documentation, data and information for use by a variety of audiences
- Monitor fellows' tuition and submit invoices for payment
- Create and maintain stipend and practicum calculations and process for payment
- Manage workflow with universities to manage billing and enrollment documentation
- Assist in preparing for the annual audit
- Communicate regularly with advisors, practicum supervisors, fellows, committees and university offices
- Coordinate and support various fellowship processes including recruitment for new applicants, fellowship application processes, fellowship renewal processes, and practicum proposals and implementation
- Work closely with the Program Coordinators to plan and execute two annual program review meetings
- Create written communication in a professional manner
What you need to have:
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- High school diploma and three years of professional experience required
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and report writing skills
- Demonstrated experience tracking and organizing information and projects
- Experience taking initiative on projects and prioritizing complex activities
- Ability to maintain composure and collaborate with team members
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and standard office software as well as virtual collaboration and communication tools
Krell provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Ad_ProgramAssociate@krellinst.org.
As a federal contractor, COVID-19 vaccination is required of employees.
The selection process involves screening and skills assessments.
The Krell Institute is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.