Now Hiring: Program Assistant
The Krell Institute, a non-profit located in Ames, Iowa, is focused on supporting technology-based education and information programs. We collaborate with agencies and institutions to foster the nation’s competitive advantage in science and engineering.
Our people are passionate about the work they do, and we are looking to add a Program Assistant to our team. This individual will provide administrative support to the fellowship programs by collaborating with colleagues, vendors and external contacts.
In this role you will:
- Track and organize information for projects
- Assist with creating and maintaining new fellow records
- Compile documentation, data and information for use by a variety of audiences
- Track fellows' tuition and process invoices for payment
- Create and maintain stipend and practicum calculations and process for payment
- Work with universities to manage billing and enrollment documentation
- Assist in preparing for the annual audit
- Maintain communication with advisors, practicum supervisors, fellows, committees and university offices
- Support various fellowship processes including recruitment, application, renewal and practicum
- Assist with tasks related to annual program reviews
- Create written communication in a professional manner
What you need to have:
- High School diploma and 3 years of administrative assistant or related experience. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
What makes you stand out:
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and report writing skills
- Demonstrated experience tracking and organizing information and projects
- Experience taking initiative on projects and prioritizing complex activities
- Ability to maintain composure and collaborate with team members
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and standard office software as well as virtual collaboration and communication tools
Krell provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, life, disability, retirement, paid time off (PTO), and paid holidays.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter to Ad_ProgramAssistant@krellinst.org.