Now Hiring: Accounting and Office Administrator
For over 25 years, the Krell Institute has focused on supporting technology-based education and information programs. We work to foster the nation’s competitive advantage in science and engineering, and we are looking to add an Accounting and Office Administrator to our team in Ames, IA. If you are mission-driven, value continuous learning, and enjoy numbers and analysis, read on!
This position reports to the Director of Finance and Administration and works closely with the Senior Accountant. It is responsible for the accuracy and completeness of accounts payable activities, and supports accounting, general office, and human resources functions for the organization.
What you'll do:
- Manage accounts payable processes. Resolve inquiries, discrepancies, and invoice status.
- Maintain accurate, complete, and organized electronic files for documentation and vendor records.
- Issue Forms 1099 to vendors and submit files timely to the IRS.
- Administer the credit card program. Reconcile monthly statements, monitor transactions, update information, and deliver training to cardholders.
- Prepare assigned audit work papers and reconciliations. Interact with auditors and communicate processes.
- Enter cash receipts and journal entries. Issue invoices for contract work performed.
- Assist with job postings/recruitment activity. Onboard new employees.
- Create and regularly update procedure documents.
- Sort and distribute mail. Work with various carriers to mail/ship packages.
- Maintain the professional appearance and ongoing functionality of the office.
- Answer phone and route calls and messages.
- Serve as a backup to accounting staff.
What you need to have:
- Associates degree in accounting or similar field. Bachelor’s degree is a plus.
- Two or more years of related experience.
- Self-starter with excellent organization, analytical, and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and able to process a high volume of work during certain periods.
- Able to work with confidential information and utilize discretion.
- Valid driver's license.
Krell provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Over 3 weeks paid time off (PTO) in the first year.
- 11 paid holidays.
- 10% employer retirement contribution after 1 year of employment.
- Health and dental insurance available at a low cost to employees.
- 100% employer paid life, disability, vision, and employee assistance program (EAP).
The Krell Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by law (“protected class”). Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.